This privacy notice covers our Philips Hue system, our ecosystem informs you on what personal data we collect when you interact with us. For example, this occurs when you give data to us, when registering an account, or purchasing a product directly through our web shop. Find out what data sources we use, for which purpose and what type of personal data is processed.
WHEN DOES THIS PRIVACY NOTICE APPLY?
Philips Hue is not just a smart bulb. It is a smart lighting ecosystem. The Philips Hue system consists of different parts and functionalities which require different types of personal data processing.
This Privacy Notice covers our Philips Hue system. For example, it covers the following:
- when you visit or use our websites, applications or social media channels;
- when you create an account with us;
- when you purchase our products directly from our Philips Hue web shop;
- when you use our Philips Hue products, their functionalities or applications;
- when you subscribe to our newsletters, promotions or other marketing initiatives;
- when you contact or interact with our consumer care team; or
- when you otherwise interact with us or our system.
If you do not fall within the scope of this Privacy Notice for Philips Hue, your personal data will be governed by a different privacy notice. Were additional privacy terms or notices are applicable, we encourage you to read them. You can check our privacy notices in our Signify Privacy Centre.
WHAT TYPES OF DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
Depending on how you interact with us (e.g. online, offline, over the phone, etc.) and what products you purchase from us, or how you use them, we do process different data about you.
Some data processing is necessary for our products to work as intended or in order to provide you with certain product functionalities. If you choose not to share this data with us, we will not be able to provide you with the full functionality of our products, system or applications. For example, if you choose not to provide location permissions in your phone for our mobile application, our application will not be able to know when you are arriving home and therefore the home and away routines you configure – which depend on our mobile application understanding where you are located – will not work.
We also process your personal data if you voluntarily share it with us. This type of data will provide you with more personalized experiences. For example, the names you give to your Philips Hue products.
Below you will find an overview of the general categories of data that we collect depending upon your use of our products, system or applications:
Purpose of processing
Examples of Data Processed
Philips Hue Account Data
If you create an account with us, we will process your data in order to create and maintain it.
If you sign up directly with us, the data processed can include your full name, email address, password, country and language.
In case you decide to utilize the third-party sign in options to create the account, we can receive certain additional profile information such as your email address and account name.
If you connect a product, this will form part of your Philips Hue Account.
If you purchase a product directly from our web shop, we will use your personal data to fulfil your purchase.
Please note that for our web shops, a third party is providing the payment processing functionalities, we do not store credit card details nor do we manage any other part of the payment processing such as fraud checking; a third-party does this. We obtain limited information from this third-party such as the last four digits of the credit card or if the payment was successful or not. The processing of such data is covered by the privacy notice of Luzern Technology Solutions Limited, which may be viewed here: https://luzern.co/privacy-policy/.
When you purchase a product directly from us, we can collect the following personal data:
· Order information such as contact details, shipment and invoice address; invoice history.
· Details of your purchased product.
· Payment status (of the payment was successful or not).
· Delivery information and if applicable return or exchange information.
Consumer Care Data
We use personal data to provide you with consumer support, respond to your inquiries, fulfil your requests, and provide you with related consumer service. We may also use this personal data to improve and customize our products and their functionalities and to train our consumer care employees.
When you contact our consumer support, or when you communicate with one of our consumer care representatives by email, phone, social media channels or similar, we will process the following Personal Data:
· your call recording if you have provided your consent, when required.
· your questions or requests that you addressed.
· the status of the request.
· any data sources available to us if these are necessary to provide the consumer support.
Cookies and similar tracking technologies Data.
We utilize this data in order to provide the requested functionalities, for security purposes, where applicable to improve our ecosystem, for personalization, and for our marketing efforts.
The data being processed depends on the choices you have made.
In general, we might process the following information:
· user unique ID (stored in a cookie for tracking and may be stored on our servers),
· IP address, referring URL, browser, operating system cookie information,
· CSS animations and dynamic content,
· visitors’ clicks/touches on elements, changes to input field (like text fields, CSS selector or timestamp),
· elements and session meta-data, input on fields, system errors, window size and changes to size, mouse position, page snapshot, whether a user clicked on an email link, and other events. Such information may identify you.
We do not record any keystrokes.
Usage Data relating to our products and their functionalities
We utilize this data in order to provide the requested functionalities and where applicable to improve or develop our products and new technologies via analytics, for personalization of our product functionalities, and for our marketing efforts.
· Device information,
· log information,
· location information – to the extent this is strictly necessary for us to provide you with the requested use of our services. This is necessary in our Philips Hue application for instance to allow your lights to be properly triggered through certain routines you choose to set up, such as triggers relating to the time of sunrise and sunset at your location or when you come home or leave your home. Location data provided by your device using these services will remain in your device and in the Philips Hue Bridge. With regards to our Philips Hue Bluetooth application, location data is provided through your operating system because this is a requirement when enabling the Bluetooth connection to your lights. Your location data will not be shared with us.
· other information about your use of our products, other information about your setup.
Online Feedback Data
We use this personal data to provide other users with insights into the value of our propositions.
When you use this functionality, we will process the following personal data:
· Your comment and review;
· Your identity (if provided).
Online sweepstakes and competitions Data
We use this personal data in order to allow you to register in the competition, to avoid fraud, to fulfil the prize, and for marketing communications in case you have consented to these.
If you choose to participate in our competitions, depending on your choices we collect the following personal data:
· Name, Email address, Phone Number, Postal Address, Date of birth, other information as necessary or as required by the competition’s terms.
Social listening Data
We use this personal data to obtain an overall view of people’s perceptions of us and our brand, and to resolve problems regarding our products and product functionalities.
When you interact or communicate on social media in a public manner, your Personal Data is processed by a third party that provides social listening services to us.
The Personal Data collected include, depending on what you choose to make public, information such as: name, birthday or age, interests, and comments and content you have posted/shared.
User Generated Content
If you have agreed to it, we might use content you have published online (such as pictures or videos you might have taken which contain Philips Hue products) in order to showcase them to the public in any of our channels.
The personal data processed depends on the information that you have made public. The Personal Data collected might include information such as: username, and comments or content you have posted.
Please remember that the content you have agreed to provide to us can be viewed by the public, and, as such, before agreeing, you should review if you are comfortable sharing any personal data that might be visible.
If you modify your account settings, usernames or marketing consent status, these events will be recorded by our backend systems.
The backend systems will collect information which can be considered to be personal information including:
· The change request;
· The timestamp of that request.
If you submit a contact form or sign up for our newsletters or marketing offerings, we will process certain personal data about you.
The personal data that you submit will be processed in order to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. In general, we might collect following personal information:
· Full Name
· Email Address
· Consent status and timestamp
In addition to our websites, applications and other digital channels, we may also obtain information about you from other sources, such as social media platforms, joint marketing partners or more generally providers of products and product functionalities complimenting the Philips Hue ecosystem such as voice assistant providers.
For example, if you are controlling Philips Hue products by using a voice-enabled product (such as Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri, Google) you are prompted to allow such devices to connect with the Philips Hue system. Once this functionality is enabled, we may collect and process functional data (such as registration data, usage and diagnostic information) and your usage thereof. We do not receive or process the audio.
The data being processed is highly dependent on your choices and which third-parties are involved. If you would like to receive specific information in this regard, please contact us.